MY LIFE'S LITTLE D'OH MOMENTS AND THE THOUGHTS THAT GO WITH THEM!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CORN MAIZE TIME



There was an interesting article in the "Idaho Statesman" today about the annual Halloween Corn Maize. Every year a farmer has their corn field artisticlly designed into a maize and then charges an entrance fee and WA-LA they make a little money. I would almost bet the farmer makes more money doing the maize then just selling his corn outright. (As long as the weather holds out that is). Here is the "Idaho Statesman's" article. Owned by Kuna residents Jim and Hillary Lowe, the 10-foot-high MAiZE has been designed this year in the likeness of presidential candidates Barack Obama and John McCain, with the caption, "Left or Right?

I'm afraid I will not be going. I have been in a maize once (over in England) and I NEVER would have found my way out if the people on top of the hill finally took pity on me and gave me the directions out. I will have to find those pictures and post those...that was a pretty fun trip!

Signing off: Cornhusker Anita

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Anita! Please don't attempt the corn maze. I couldn't handle it if you were gone for life!