MY LIFE'S LITTLE D'OH MOMENTS AND THE THOUGHTS THAT GO WITH THEM!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What The Hell Happened To Me?

Have you ever had a panic or anxiety attack? Well, I have NEVER had one until now.

I have never been afraid to go to the dentist (due to a wonderful childhood dentist). However, I went in to the dentist yesterday to get some of my silver fillings replaced with safer composite ones.

After receiving the shots to numb my mouth (which has never ever bothered me before) I felt this sharp pain on my tongue like a lightening bolt running across it. I then started to hyperventilate and my eyes started tearing up. I then HAD to sit up and I started just to bawl. I was so embarrassed because I didn't know why I was doing this. Robin (my Hygienist who administered the shots) gave me some Nitrus Oxide to calm me down. Which it did (finally).

After about 10 minutes of the Nitrus Oxide, the dentist came in and started looking in my mouth and talking very soothingly to me and getting ready to do his filling conversion, I started to hyperventilate and bawl again. Eee gads....I couldn't believe it. Robin hooked me up to the Nitrus again, and about 10 minutes later, I calmed down one more time and the Dr was able to finish the fillings.

Again, I am so weirded out about what happened. I have NEVER ever done or felt like that before. I hope I'm not going off my rocker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you sound crazy ... :)